Industrial and innovative development for 2020-2025
10 February, 2021 16:30
The program is a part of the industrial policy of Kazakhstan aimed at developing a competitive manufacturing industry and diversifying the country's economy. Starting in 2020, this is the third such program for Kazakhstan. The first was launched in 2010 and lasted five years.
- increase in the volume of investment in fixed capital in manufacturing by 1.6 times to the level of 2018;
- growth of manufacturing exports 1.9 times to the level of 2018;
- increase in the number of operating manufacturing enterprises per 1,000 people of the economically active population by 1.5 times to the level of 2018;
- labor productivity growth in the manufacturing industry by 1.6 times
- improvement of Kazakhstan's position in Harvard's Economic Complexity Index (ECI)from 78 to 55 level (from -0.31 points to 0.14 points).