In the modern world, the country’s competitiveness depends on the level of intelligence of its people. In this regard, the education system should meet the demands of the future.
The Education Development Program for 2020-2025 is aimed at increasing the global competitiveness of Kazakh education and science and increasing the contribution of science to the country's social and economic development.
- coverage of preschool education of children from 1 to 6 years old - 85.3 %, from 3 to 6 years old - 100 %;
- results of 15-year-old Kazakh students in the international PISA test: mathematics - 480 points, reading - 450 points, science - 490 points;
- children's well-being index in Kazakhstan - 0.73 points;
- share of graduates of technical and vocational educational institutions who studied under the government scholarship and employed in the first year after graduation - 75%;
- share of graduates of higher educational institutions who studied under the government scholarship and employed in the first year after graduation - 75%;
- share of expenditures on science in the gross domestic product - 1 %;
- increase in Kazakh publications from the total number of publications in 2018 (4,873 units) according to the information resources on the Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics) and Scopus (Elsevier) by 88 %;
- quality of research organizations and think tanks (Global Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum) - 63rd place.