We are satisfied with the level of our cooperation - Korean Ambassador Mr. Kim Dae-Sik
Korean Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Kazakhstan, Mr. Kim Dae-Sik, sat down with the Strategy2050.kz news agency on the sidelines of the Knowledge Sharing Programme 2019 Regional Seminar in Eurasia that is taking place in the Kazakh capital city of Nur-Sultan.
- Can you share us with your thoughts about today’s event?
- KSP (Knowledge Sharing Programme) is very useful for Kazakhstan, especially for Kazakh policymakers. As you know, Korea has a good experience about our national development. We are ready to share with other countries. Korea also was a recipient among the OECD countries when our country was not developed. Now our country (Korea) is a donor of the OECD.
- What are the areas the KSP 2019 Regional Seminar in Eurasia focuses on?
- This seminar focuses on the evaluation of the past projects as well as on the identification of future areas that should be implemented for better management of KSP. They will have discussions about what should be done to increase the programme’s effectiveness as well as future areas for Kazakhstan needed to improve the economy. Kazakhstan’s economy largely centers on oil. Nevertheless, attention is placed to information technology, digitalization, and fourth industrial revolution. These areas had been discussed by our leaders, President Tokayev and President Moon Jae-in. If the Kazakh economy focuses of those areas, it will get a new engine of growth.
- How is Kazakhstan-South Korea cooperation developing?
- So far, we are satisfied with the level of our cooperation. We have seen much development in recent years compared to that in the beginning. Our today’s cooperation is the largest among Central Asian countries. Our investments in Kazakhstan are also the largest. We enjoy a very high level of cooperation. I think we can improve our cooperation even more through new areas of cooperation, including IT, medical care, smart technology, agriculture. There is a huge potential for our cooperation.
- Being relatively a small country, South Korea is a developed country in terms of new technology. Can you share some insights about how to develop those areas?
- Kazakh people are very hard-working people and very motivated for success. You have a good environment for economic activities. The political stability is also very important for economic growth. You have both. The safeness for foreign investors is also very important. So far, I think, your country has managed to make foreign investors feel comfortable. I believe if you continue the efforts to improve your situation and economy Kazakhstan will achieve the success akin to South Korea’s.
- Thank you for the interview!
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev held meeting with leadership of law enforcement agencies
05 June 2020, 18:59
Kazakh Senate Speaker, U.S. Ambassador held talks
05 June 2020, 18:22
Nature protection is a matter of national importance – Kazakh President
05 June 2020, 17:29
KAZAKH INVEST and Czech Invest shared best practices in attracting investments
05 June 2020, 16:21
Healthcare Ministry purchased 87 vibroacoustic devices for lung pathology treatment
05 June 2020, 15:54
Executive Secretary of Kazakh Finance Ministry named
05 June 2020, 12:36
Information Minister thanks journalists for their professionalism during COVID-19 pandemic
05 June 2020, 11:00
Indian military to take part in Victory Parade on Moscow’s Red Square
05 June 2020, 09:51
Number of Kazakhstanis recovered from COVID-19 amounts to 6,469
04 June 2020, 16:47
President of Kazakhstan held National Security Committee’s Board extended meeting
04 June 2020, 15:35
PM: Attracting investment is one of key drivers of economic growth recovery
04 June 2020, 14:50
President congratulates Kazakhstanis on Day of State Symbols
04 June 2020, 13:41
Kazakhstan to build additional 80 schools by yearend
04 June 2020, 12:33
Yerlan Baitukbayev heads Security Council’s Office
04 June 2020, 12:15
Three rgns in Kazakhstan may strengthen quarantine measures
04 June 2020, 11:59