We are satisfied with the level of our cooperation - Korean Ambassador Mr. Kim Dae-Sik
Korean Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Kazakhstan, Mr. Kim Dae-Sik, sat down with the Strategy2050.kz news agency on the sidelines of the Knowledge Sharing Programme 2019 Regional Seminar in Eurasia that is taking place in the Kazakh capital city of Nur-Sultan.
- Can you share us with your thoughts about today’s event?
- KSP (Knowledge Sharing Programme) is very useful for Kazakhstan, especially for Kazakh policymakers. As you know, Korea has a good experience about our national development. We are ready to share with other countries. Korea also was a recipient among the OECD countries when our country was not developed. Now our country (Korea) is a donor of the OECD.
- What are the areas the KSP 2019 Regional Seminar in Eurasia focuses on?
- This seminar focuses on the evaluation of the past projects as well as on the identification of future areas that should be implemented for better management of KSP. They will have discussions about what should be done to increase the programme’s effectiveness as well as future areas for Kazakhstan needed to improve the economy. Kazakhstan’s economy largely centers on oil. Nevertheless, attention is placed to information technology, digitalization, and fourth industrial revolution. These areas had been discussed by our leaders, President Tokayev and President Moon Jae-in. If the Kazakh economy focuses of those areas, it will get a new engine of growth.
- How is Kazakhstan-South Korea cooperation developing?
- So far, we are satisfied with the level of our cooperation. We have seen much development in recent years compared to that in the beginning. Our today’s cooperation is the largest among Central Asian countries. Our investments in Kazakhstan are also the largest. We enjoy a very high level of cooperation. I think we can improve our cooperation even more through new areas of cooperation, including IT, medical care, smart technology, agriculture. There is a huge potential for our cooperation.
- Being relatively a small country, South Korea is a developed country in terms of new technology. Can you share some insights about how to develop those areas?
- Kazakh people are very hard-working people and very motivated for success. You have a good environment for economic activities. The political stability is also very important for economic growth. You have both. The safeness for foreign investors is also very important. So far, I think, your country has managed to make foreign investors feel comfortable. I believe if you continue the efforts to improve your situation and economy Kazakhstan will achieve the success akin to South Korea’s.
- Thank you for the interview!
Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko to visit Kazakhstan
21 October 2019, 16:19
Samruk Kazyna’s net profit risen by 39.5% in 9 months of this year
21 October 2019, 15:51
Kazakh Armed Force team takes part in 7th World Military Games in China
21 October 2019, 12:30
Decrease in fossil shares, switch to renewables are main energy challenges - IAEE President
21 October 2019, 10:31
Kazakh, US commerce officials met in Washington
21 October 2019, 09:29
OSCE supports prevention of misinformation in Kazakhstan
18 October 2019, 14:35
Head of National Defense University named after N.Nazarbayev appointed
18 October 2019, 11:53
IAEA LEU Bank in Kazakhstan accepted first batch of uranium
18 October 2019, 11:04
1st meeting of Kazakhstan and Uruguay’s Foreign Ministers took place in Nur-Sultan
18 October 2019, 09:46
National Security Committee brought accusation of terrorism against 14 Kazakhstanis
17 October 2019, 17:14
President Tokayev met with Speaker of Chamber of Deputies of the Czech Republic
17 October 2019, 16:55
Head of State received Minister of Culture and Sport
17 October 2019, 15:51
Kazakhstan wants major industrial facilities to address environmental harm
17 October 2019, 15:27
New cooperation program between Kazakhstan and UN for 2021-2025 discussed in Nur-Sultan
17 October 2019, 14:29
Nigmatulin spoke in favor of strengthening Kazakh-Czech inter-parliamentary cooperation
17 October 2019, 12:29