To stay relevant, the nation needs to invest in technology education - Anurag Maloo
According to Anurag Maloo, a regional manager for South and Central Asia with Techstars, to keep up with the current developments in IT, technology education needs to be promoted, as well as young persons should take part in dealing with local issues. Keep reading a brief interview brought by Strategy2050.kz.
- Do you think the events like the Digital Bridge Forum benefit Kazakhstan?
- Kazakhstan definitely needs high-quality and large events like this, which brings the entire ecosystem of entrepreneurs, technology persons, innovators, government agents, academia, different players in the startup ecosystem, including incubators, accelerators, from beyond Kazakhstan together to give an exposure of what is happening in Kazakhstan right now. So people can get inspired, become more aware of what is happing, and can contribute to the nation’s economic development. They will know what kind of startups are coming, what kind of technology is being made so that they can join the movement, they can become part of it, they can invest. There are many things that people can do to contribute to the nation’s development, including through entrepreneurship, startups.
- As a regional manager for Central Asia also, what are being done to develop the entrepreneurship movement here?
- In Kazakhstan we develop the startup community and promote the entrepreneurship movement. We can set up the foundation right so that more people could get opportunities to start businesses in new technology. We believe entrepreneurs can change the world for the better. To help them succeed we invest in startups, provide them mentorship, knowledge resources, education they need to become successful. I would love to see more participation in the future.
- In India, there are a lot of people engaged in software development. What are your suggestions to develop the IT sphere?
- The country should promote technology courses and education in schools, high-schools, colleges, universities. We all need to be relevant to the current needs. What are the current needs of the world right now? To stay relevant, the nation needs to invest in technology education, and give young people to figure out solutions to local issues. Be open to new ideas, develop entrepreneurial thinking!
- Thank you for the interview!
Photo: Anurag Maloo's Twitter account
UK chose the word of 2019
21 November 2019, 17:46
Kazakh Trade and Integration Ministry discussed coop with China’s Inspur Group
21 November 2019, 17:22
Senate approved Doping bill
21 November 2019, 16:34
Israeli investors to carry out large projects in Akmola region
21 November 2019, 16:17
Afghanistan veterans awarded in Moscow
21 November 2019, 15:47
EU Ambassadors highly assess prospects for political and economic cooperation with Kazakhstan
21 November 2019, 15:15
Head of State received National Bank Chairman
21 November 2019, 12:20
Kazakhfilm's 'Guardian of the Light’ won 2 prizes at International Film Festival in Sochi
21 November 2019, 12:07
Kazakhstanis handed over 120K old cars for recycling
21 November 2019, 11:32
Kazakh parliamentary delegation to attend IPA CIS session in St.Petersburg
21 November 2019, 11:05
Kazakhstan sees decline in foreign bank investments for second consecutive year
21 November 2019, 10:38
Kazakh Foreign Minister met with the Canadian Prime Minister’s Special Envoy
21 November 2019, 09:19
Kazpost, UNICEF issued stumps to celebrate World Children’s Day
20 November 2019, 17:45
President of Center for Development of Labor Resources held B2B meetings in UAE
20 November 2019, 16:49
Kazakh Head of State toured the capital's innovation facilities
20 November 2019, 16:27