Kazakh President amends appointment of some national organizations’ heads
Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev signed a decree reviewing the appointment of rectors of national higher education organizations and the Law Enforcement Academy of the Public Prosecutor’s Office, the director of the National Museum of Kazakhstan and the head of the State Theatre of Opera and Ballet “Astana Opera”.
The decree says the designated authorities regulating their respective fields are to nominate the first heads of the above-mentioned organizations, with the candidates undergoing a competitive selection.
The new appointment process is set out in the following national higher education facilities:
1. Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
2. L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University
3. K.I.Satpayev Kazakh National Research Technical University
4. Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University
5. Kazakh National Agrarian University
6. Kurmangazy Kazakh National Conservatory
7. Kazakh National University of Arts
8. T.K.Zhurgenov Kazakh National Academy of Arts
9. S.D.Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
10. Kazakh National Academy of Choreography
11. Kazakh National Women’s Pedagogical University